California Campus Compact – Resilient Community of Practice for Directors
California Campus Compact is pleased to announce the California Campus Compact – Resilient Community of Practice for Directors. This Community of Practice (CoP) is an 8-month initiative specifically designed to support directors at California Campus Compact member campuses who are implementing service, service-learning and community engagement. This virtual 8-month community of practice is designed to create an intentional space for up to 12 directors from service-learning or community engagement centers to come together once a month for 90 minutes September 2020 – May 2021. For more information and to apply (deadline August 21), click here.
CoP Overview – What does CoP have to offer?
We are a resilient community! We recognize that the past 5 months have presented new and different challenges. We have witnessed your commitment, creativity, courage and resiliency as we have dealt with the ever-changing landscape of our work.
This virtual 8-month community of practice is designed to create an intentional space for up to 12 directors from service-learning or community engagement centers to come together on a regular basis to:
- Create and deeply engage in an inclusive learning community in which all experiences are honored and their challenging questions are explored.
- Reflect on the gifts, passions, and identity they bring to this work.
- Expand their leadership capacity to sustain and grow service-learning and civic and community engagement in their institutions and in the field.
- Learn tools and strategies to strengthen their ability to foster and deepen their campus’s engagement with communities.
- Explore the tensions and challenges inherent in the work.
- Envision and strategize how they can help shape the future of the field in California.
- Develop an individual action plan to support personal and professional development.
- Rejuvenate and reflect via various contemplative and self-care practices.
Unique features of this Community of Practice (CoP) include:
- Networking and learning in a small group setting.
- Co-creation of a supportive and powerful learning community.
- A team of facilitators to support, guide, and challenge the group.
- A commitment to inclusion and equity woven throughout the program.
- Participant input to identify compelling topics.
- A focus on strategies for various campus and community contexts.
- Opportunities for reflection.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.